A specialist gunite pump truck is called in for the application of gunite. To shoot gunite, specialty equipment is required to provide high-quality results. We produce a considerably stronger shell with more cement since it is shot dry with water added in at the nozzle.
- The gunite process isn’t prone to shrinkage cracks like wet mix.
- The gunite process doesn’t have to be shot within 1 hour.
- The gunite process doesn’t get cold joints and potential crack spots.
- The gunite process can net a psi up to 20% higher than wet mix!
- Gunite is used on the space shuttle launch pad. When NASA used shotcrete, it melted and disintegrated (they’ve done it).
Any worker “with a cheap pump” can do shotcrete, but to do gunite, there is extensive equipment and expense. Professional pool contractors use gunite because of all the advantages and performance. Smaller companies (that try to be “jacks of all trades”) typically use wet mix to save money.