A specialist gunite/shotcrete pump truck is called in for the application of gunite/shotcrete. To shoot gunite/shotcrete, specialty equipment is required to provide high-quality results. We produce a considerably stronger shell with more cement since it is shot dry with water added in at the nozzle.
- The gunite/shotcrete process isn’t prone to shrinkage cracks like wet mix.
- The gunite/shotcrete process doesn’t have to be shot within 1 hour.
- The gunite/shotcrete process doesn’t get cold joints and potential crack spots.
- The gunite/shotcrete process can net a psi up to 20% higher than wet mix!
- Gunite/shotcrete is used on the space shuttle launch pad. When NASA used shotcrete, it melted and disintegrated (they’ve done it).
Any worker “with a cheap pump” can do shotcrete, but to do gunite, there is extensive equipment and expense. Professional pool contractors use gunite/shotcrete because of all the advantages and performance. Smaller companies (that try to be “jacks of all trades”) typically use wet mix to save money.